Friday, March 25, 2011

And the magic number is....32

32 - The number of points I scored in my March Madness bracket.  Yeah, pretty pathetic. I know.  I didn't get even one Elite Eight team right.  But then again, I've never bragged about my March Madness bracket challenge skills.  I've never really had them.  I don't really have a system.  Although I do believe if I pick teams out of a hat next year, I will do better than I did this year.

32 - The number of points that Jimmer Fredette scored in Thursday night's game against Florida (and, coincidentally, the loss that made my final bracket score 32).

32 - Jimmer Fredette's number.  I'll admit it.  I've never seen the guy play in real time.  I hadn't actually known anything about this Jimmer guy until a few weeks ago.  But, I found some videos on YouTube and he really is an amazing basketball player, despite the loss Thursday night.  At first, I was a little put off hearing how many points he scored.  I figured he probably wasn't a team player.  Like I said, I haven't seen any of the games, but from what I've read, I do believe he is a team player.  I don't think he deserves all of the flak he's getting for the Florida loss.  I don't think he deserves all of the articles about how he won't do well in the NBA.  I don't really know what makes a good NBA player, but in my opinion, I do think he has what it takes.  He has my respect. 

Do I want to marry Jimmer?  No.  His brother?  The jury's still out on that one (is he single?)

So, this one goes out to Jimmer...March Madness...and the number 32.  Good Luck, Jimmer, and thank you for giving BYU it's best season ever.

PS - 32 was also Karl Malone's number for the Utah Jazz

2 comments:

Moo said...

32--The age I am now, and the age you will be later in the year. Thanks for the fun blog post.

Susan said...

This is true.. I will also be 32. I needed the reminder though, thanks. ;)