Monday, October 12, 2009

A fresh start, once again

So, I've decided it's time for a fresh start in my life. Before this point, I was just thinking, um.. I'll just start after I graduate from school and leave Maryland. However, recent events, including General Conference have caused me to reconsider. My goals of my posts for the next while are going to focus on re-discovering and re-defining myself.

For the first time in a long time (or maybe the first time ever), I've been thinking about some of my life goals. I used to kinda be afraid of letting people know how nerdy I am, but I don't really care anymore. Instead, I am now going to embrace my nerdiness. In addition, I used to ask questions all of the time, and I stopped that, because I felt like it annoyed people, but I'm going to start asking questions again, and I'm going to start experimenting a little more. Also, I like board games -- especially Beyond Balderdash. And I like puzzles. I've watched a lot of movies over the past few years, but honestly, I'm not really a huge movie fan. Movies are just a way to pass time.

In general, I'm going to start living life, rather than just living in life. I'm sure I'll have my ups and downs, but if I make the goals, hopefully there will be something to help keep me on track. Also, beware, I'm going to give some of my opinions, including the negative ones, or the ones people don't like hearing. For example, I am going to finish nursing school, but I still don't know about the whole medical thing in general, maybe I'll go into healthcare, maybe I won't...There are a world of possibilities for life in my mind right now. Also, if anyone would like to make comments about what they like about the old/current Amanda and would not like to see her change, please feel free to post.

Finally, I'd like to thank family and friends for being there for me over these past few years even though I've been a bit of a downer. Particular thanks to my parents, siblings, Elizabeth, Sue and Les, Heidi, Lauren, Crystal, and Teresa. And I'm sorry if I've forgotten any of the other main ones, as I really may have.

And yes, I should be in class right now instead of writing my blog, but I put my keys in Crystal's purse yesterday so I wouldn't accidentally leave them at the church, and instead I accidently left them in her purse, so...no way to get to school.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I don't think you've been a downer at all. And I like any kind of Amanda, so you just be whoever you want to be!

Moo said...

I agree with Lauren--I like any kind of Amanda. And thanks for the key story. I like the ditzy Amanda, as well as the nerdy Amanda.

Alycia said...

Ditto! I'm glad the questions are coming back. I've always liked the questions. And the stories about them.

Lauren said...

Asking questions seems pretty Amanda-y to me. You used to be able to talk to wrong numbers for hours!

And I never you were nerdy. Maybe that's because I'm a nerd myself. Nerds are fantastic.

Lauren said...

Uh, I never KNEW you were nerdy. I seem to have left that word out.

Beee said...

I love the Amanda who asks questions and is a bit nerdy. If you couldn't tell, I ask the people I think would have the answers, like you with baseball. .. . questions. Which reminds me. .. if your farmer boy brother reads this. .. bovine that is red (like hereford red, or red angus red, but with white markings from mid back down toward tail, some white on stomach. . . thinking Glauchire) Sorry, tangent, that's me, ask while I remember. Be you. You make me smile. LOVE YA DA!

Heidi said...

I don't think you've been a downer, either. To me, you've seemed like the Amanda I've always known, and the things you're saying you're going to start doing, I didn't know you'd stopped! So are you going to start being yourself around people you don't know very well? Is that what you're really trying to say? Because if so - great! Go for it!!

Marissa said...

Dear Amanda,
I love you - all parts of your personality! Plus, I've always known you were a nerd. Is there anyone in our family that isn't? I'm glad you're embracing it (I'm still working on that. . .). Thanks for being a good example to me always and thanks for showing me how I should be applying General Conference more to my life.
Love,
Marissa
P.S. It seemed like a lot more fun to write this letter style.

browneyedgirl said...

I've always knew you were a nerd. When did you stop asking ?'s, where was I for that? hmmm... I'm glad I had the chance to VT you and get to know you though I wish I saw you more often, hurry and graduate already!